- 2022 Products Offer New Cutting-Edge Technologies, Features, and Designs for a Re-Defined Experience Across Multiple Devices
At the virtual Unbox & Discover event today, Samsung Electronics Co., Ltd. showcased its 2022 lineup of Neo QLED 8K, Soundbars, Accessories, and Sustainability initiatives. With all these new lineups, Samsung aims to redefine the role of television by offering beautifully designed, cutting-edge screens that provide more than mere entertainment. This year’s products and features take the screen to new heights by providing a single central hub for playing, connecting, working, and more.
“We are focused on creating a seamless experience across all of our products, which allows consumers to effortlessly enjoy all their benefits. The 2022 Neo QLED 8K is designed to fulfil the needs and empower the passion of our consumers, and the innovations are sparked by their experiences,” said Jong-Hee (JH) Han, Vice Chairman, CEO and Head of Samsung Electronics’ DX (Device eXperience) Division. “Neo QLED 8K also has the power to unlock new experiences as the most important device at the centre of the home.”
Samsung’s 2022 portfolio was developed on the idea of “Screens Everywhere, Screens for All,” with TVs at the centre of users’ homes and daily lives. Samsung developed devices that easily connect to give deep personalization and connectivity ensuring there is a screen fit for every occasion and lifestyle. TVs and screens have traditionally been associated with the act of “watching,” but the Neo QLED 8K aims to change that by expanding the user experience.
Neo QLED 8K: The Best Gets Better
The 2022 Neo QLED 8K has been upgraded to improve the viewing experience on large screens. At the heart is the Neural Quantum Processor 8K. The latest processor has 20 independent neural AI networks that independently analyse the content’s characteristics and picture quality for optimal viewing.
The Neural Quantum Processor 8K also powers a new technological innovation – Real Depth Enhancer. This scans the screen and improves the object while keeping the background unprocessed to maximise contrast with the background.
Combining the processor with the Quantum Mini LEDs, it creates ensuring that bright areas stay bright and dark areas stay dark a feature that is known as Shape Adaptive Light Control. The full moon, for example, will stand out from the dark night sky.
Samsung’s all-new 2022 QLED received the world’s first ‘Pantone Validated’ certification in the display from Pantone, the global authority on colour and creator of the Pantone Matching System (PMS), which means the models accurately reproduce more than 2,000 colours, as well as the newly added 110 skin tone shades found in Pantone’s guidelines. With the new EyeComfort Mode, these brilliant colours are also much more comfortable to watch. The feature uses AI technology to adjust the screen’s brightness and colour temperature based on how light or dark the room is, as well as sunset/sunrise information, to provide the most comfortable viewing experience possible.
Immersive Dolby Atmos Sound with Smart Features
To match the rich colours and sharp details, TVs and screens need powerful and nuanced sound. The AI in the Neural Quantum Processor 8K analyses what’s on-screen in real-time, enabling the Adaptive Sound features to track and move between speakers to precisely match the movement on-screen.
In QN900B, a flagship Neo QLED 8K model, all the sounds come from a 90W 6.2.4 channel audio system, with new top channel speakers and Dolby Atmos with Object Tracking Sound Pro. This technology has also been applied to voice recognition with Voice Tracking Sound, so that sound effects and voices truly follow the movement across the screen.
Wireless Dolby Atmos is also arriving at Samsung’s Neo QLED 4K and 8K TVs, which means pristine audio quality without the clutter of HDMI wires. Samsung’s new 2022 Ultra Slim Soundbar, designed for an immersive audio experience from a more aesthetically minimal setup, will also support wireless Dolby Atmos.
Experiencing Your Screen
The 2022 line-up is equipped with the latest and better technologies and user interfaces to offer a seamless experience, allowing Samsung TVs and screens to become the central hub for viewing content, managing devices, playing games, working out, and more.
- New Smart Hub Samsung’s new user interface powered by Tizen, was also unveiled this year. The all-new Samsung Smart Hub integrates all aspects of the smart experience into one, straightforward home screen. For a more seamless user experience, the new tab organizes features, settings, and content into three categories: Media, Gaming Hub, and Ambient.
- Media: The Media screen organises users’ entertainment options, such as video on demand, streaming, and Samsung TV Plus with 190+ free channels, and utilizes machine learning to learn users’ preferences and offer smart recommendations across all platforms and services.
- Gaming Hub: A new game streaming discovery platform that connects hardware and software to provide players with a seamless experience. There are no downloads or storage requirements. Samsung also announced partnerships with leading game streaming providers to bring their libraries of games to the Gaming Hub, including NVIDIA GeForce NOW, Stadia™, and Utomik, with more to come. The new platform will be available on select Samsung Smart TV models 2022 later this year.
- Ambient: Whether it’s syncing the screen’s display with the surrounding décor or creating a bold statement with eye-catching art, the Ambient screen enhances the home’s aesthetic.
- Gaming Experience: The 2022 line-up includes specifications and features designed for the ultimate gaming experience, in addition to the all-new Gaming Hub. They include four HDMI 2.1 ports, Motion Xcelerator Turbo Pro 4K 144Hz gaming, Super Ultrawide GameView, and Game Bar, all of which help to make gaming more efficient and accessible for a more streamlined experience. With these incredible picture quality and settings improvements, games will be more realistic and thrilling than ever. Samsung is also introducing an exclusive TV line-up for gaming in 43 and 50 inches in the near future.
- Samsung Health: Samsung Health has a variety of workout and wellness sessions, as well as ways to track your progress and routines. Users can easily track their fitness journey and activities on their TV and seamlessly sync with other devices such as the Galaxy Watch4 Series to see their progress on the screen in real-time.
- SmartThings: Samsung’s SmartThings is a crucial component of the connected experience. With SmartThings, the screen serves as the central hub for managing other home devices from a single location. This feature, which is available on Samsung TVs, takes advantage of the large screen to allow users to quickly discover, view, and control devices.
- NFT Platform: Last but not least, new in 2022 is Samsung’s NFT Platform, partnering with the industry leader, Nifty Gateway. Ambient mode on 2022 Neo QLED and QLEDs will provide consumers with a one-stop NFT platform to explore and display NFT digital arts, offering a new way to collect and present artworks.
Sustainability at the Core with ‘Going Green’
Samsung is always considering how its manufacturing process and product use affect the environment, looking for ways to reduce its carbon footprint and contribute to a better future for the planet.
- Eco-Packaging: Samsung is improving its eco-conscious packaging by using 90% less ink and eliminating staples during production. Both improvements reduce waste and make recycling centres’ work easier.
- SolarCell Remote: The SolarCell remote also received an upgrade for 2022. It is 88% more efficient than the previous 2020 models. hey are now battery-free and can be charged via 2.4GHz Radio Frequency Harvesting, drawing power from spare energy emitted by Wi-Fi routers.
- Recycled Materials: Samsung uses recycled resin in its 2022 TVs, monitors, digital signage, and remote controls. High-resolution monitors, for example, use recycled resin from ocean-bound plastic that would otherwise have ended up as marine hazardous waste.
The Carbon Trust certification: The Carbon Trust has given Samsung’s Neo QLED 8K/4K the ‘Reducing CO2’ label, indicating that the Neo QLED lineup’s carbon footprint is reducing year over year.
Making it Personal with Accessories
Each consumer has their unique taste and needs when it comes to TVs, which is why Samsung created new accessories for its 2022 TVs that facilitate entirely new TV experiences.
- Slim Fit Wall Mount: For those who prefer to wall mount their TV, the Slim Fit Wall Mount allows the TV to lie flush against the wall while allowing viewers to rotate up, down, and sideways for the perfect angle no matter where they are seated.
- Studio Stand: In case the TV stand is preferred, the Studio Stand offers a unique and elegant way to display the Neo QLED 8K in an artistic fashion.
- Auto Rotation: The new accessory extends the rotating capabilities of The Sero to the Neo QLED 8K. Auto Rotation extends the range of mobile experiences, portrait art to the full screen, and MultiView experiences to new layouts. It can be used as a stand or a wall mount to ensure that whatever is on the screen fills the entire screen for the best viewing experience.
For more information on Samsung’s TV products, please visit www.samsung.com/.