The epidemic has surely altered the way we work and caused a seismic shift in working habits around the world, including Malaysia. As professionals adapt to remote work and changing work preferences amid lockdowns and social distancing measures, a recent survey by Randstand in 2023 highlights Malaysians’ shifting career priorities, revealing that over 50% of respondents now prioritize work-life balance, emphasizing the importance of maintaining good health and spending quality time with loved ones. This renewed emphasis has fueled the need for greater flexibility and better integration of home and work life.
Recognizing these pandemic-induced shifts and workers’ increasing expectations, SHARP Electronics (Malaysia) Sdn Bhd (SHARP), a prominent consumer electronics and home appliances market participant, saw the need for new solutions that adapt to the developing work landscape. SHARP maintains its position as a market leader by offering their latest and most cutting-edge product, the SMART Working Life solutions ecosystem.
SHARP has exhibited the first-ever SMART Working Life solutions ecosystem exhibition in ASEAN to commemorate the 51st anniversary of its Smart Working Life division. This achievement demonstrates a substantial commitment to offering a complete and holistic business approach that addresses the particular difficulties and goals of modern professionals.
Previously known as Business Solution (BS), SHARP’s newly redesigned SMART Working Life business is now focused to offering a range of breakthrough solutions expressly designed to improve productivity, communication, employee well-being, and workplace security. This SMART Working Life solutions ecosystem aims to create a seamless and wholesome wellness experience for Malaysian professionals, whether they work from traditional office spaces or from the comfort of their own homes, through collaborative efforts with subsidiaries and business partnerships.
“Our goal is to create a comprehensive solutions ecosystem that not only benefits employers and our business partners but also encourages more partners to join us on this journey to contribute and enhance the ecosystem. By providing a showroom experience, we offer corporate partners valuable insights and ideas on transforming their businesses to meet the evolving needs of the working landscape. Additionally, this ecosystem will further assist our dealers in generating more sales opportunities, resulting in improved sales and profit returns. As we launch these solutions, we foresee great success and plan to replicate and implement them in other ASEAN countries in the coming years,” elaborated Mr. Ting Yang Chung, Managing Director of SHARP Malaysia.
The SMART Working Life solutions ecosystem consists of many pillars that address the unique demands and difficulties that professionals encounter in today’s changing work environment. These solution pillars, meticulously created for the modern worker, comprise SMART Health, SMART Link, SMART Communication, SMART Comfort, SMART Control, and SMART Security, each playing an equally important part in the ecosystem.
- The SMART Health solutions underscore the importance of employee well-being, introducing industry-leading solutions such as the SHARP Air Purifier with Plasmacluster Ion technology. This technology utilises safe ions found in nature to improve indoor air quality, ensuring a healthier and more conducive work environment.
- The SMART Link solutions focus on seamlessly connecting devices to mobility and cloud management solutions, streamlining work processes and maximising efficiency. As part of this solution, SHARP Multifunction Printers (MFPs) take connectivity to the next level, offering versatile and convenient solutions for businesses and individuals by enabling printing, copying, and scanning anywhere and anytime.
- The SMART Communication solutionsaim to improve engagement and collaboration among professionals. With the addition of SHARP Interactive Whiteboard, users can now annotate, draw, and share documents and files in real-time, fostering a more productive and collaborative work environment.
- Dedicated to creating a comfortable work environment, the SMART Comfort solutions offer intelligent switches and a range of appliances that enhance comfort and productivity.
- SHARP addresses the goals of environmental sustainability and cost efficiency through the SMART Control solutions, which optimise office environments and promote sustainable practices.
- Security is of utmost importance within the ecosystem, and the SMART Security solutions ensure the safety and well-being of the workplace, providing peace of mind for professionals.
“As a brand that deeply cares and continuously diversifies to serve better, SMART Working Life serves as a bridge for us to foster closer connections with the nation. We are grateful for the trust and support given to us by our customers and partners, for it is their strong belief in our brand that has fuelled our passion to push the boundaries of innovation and strive for brilliance,” concluded Mr. Ting.
SHARP’s future expansion strategy is supported by a strong market presence and ambitions to build operations in other ASEAN regions such as Singapore, Thailand, Japan, and others. These strategic efforts seek to broaden and increase SHARP’s brand presence and portfolio, ensuring that they are well-equipped to satisfy their consumers’ growing demands.