- VIVO Malaysia partners with ERTH to encourage e-waste recycling among Malaysians for a cleaner and sustainable future
VIVO Malaysia has partnered with Electronic Recycling Through Heroes (ERTH) to launch an E-waste Recycling Campaign, giving Malaysians a platform to recycle their unwanted e-waste in a safe and convenient environment.
From 8 April to 30 April 2022, VIVO Malaysia will turn its VIVO Flagship and Concept Stores into a collection point for Malaysians to drop off any unwanted e-waste for recycling in celebration of Earth Day. ERTH will then collect the e-waste and recycle it fully (100%) in a government-licensed recycling facility.
“We at VIVO recognise that e-wastes are a growing concern globally. As technology advances, we need to also accelerate the management and disposal of our e-wastes, to ensure better living with technology and achieving the Joy of Humanity. We want to open up avenues for Malaysians to recycle their e-wastes with ease in a safe and convenient environment, and hope through this initiative that Malaysians can adopt recycling their e-wastes for a better future,” said Mike Xu, Chief Executive Officer of VIVO Malaysia.
Smartphones, laptops, small electrical appliances such as toasters and electric kettles, and used batteries are one of the e-waste items accepted at the collection points. Malaysians are encouraged to remove all personal accounts from their devices and do a factory reset to ensure that all personal information is protected.
To recycle the e-wastes, just follow these simple steps:
- Gather the e-wastes from the comfort of your own homes;
- Bring all e-waste items to your preferred but selected VIVO Flagship and Concept Stores;
- Present the e-wastes at the counter and drop it into a designated E-Waste Collection Box;
- ERTH will collect the e-wastes for recycling once the box is filled.
The selected VIVO Flagship and Concept Stores for the recycling initiative are:
- vivo Flagship Store, Pavilion KL
- vivo Concept Store, Pavilion Bukit Jalil
- vivo Concept Store, Central I-City
- vivo Concept Store, Setia City Mall
- vivo Concept Store, AEON Bukit Tinggi
For more information about the E-waste Recycling Campaign, please visit vivo Malaysia’s official Facebook Page.