– Expanded AMD Radeon RX 6000M Series mobile graphics offer 20 percent faster performance on average than current lineup; New AMD Radeon RX 6000S Series mobile graphics deliver world-class, high-performance gaming for next-gen thin-and-light laptops –
– AMD Radeon RX 6500 XT desktop graphics cards, starting at $199 SEP USD, make incredible 1080p gaming accessible to more gamers; Forthcoming AMD Software release with new driver-based upscaling technology offers increased performance for thousands of games –
Today, during the 2022 Product Premiere livestream event, AMD (NASDAQ: AMD) unveiled additions and enhancements to the AMD Radeon™ graphics portfolio to deliver incredible, next-level experiences to more gamers than ever.
Bringing higher levels of performance to power a new class of premium laptops, the new solutions expand the AMD Radeon RX 6000M Series mobile graphics family, with the addition of the AMD Radeon RX 6850M XT, Radeon RX 6650M XT, Radeon RX 6650M, Radeon RX 6500M and Radeon RX 6300M mobile graphics. AMD also announced the new AMD Radeon RX 6000S mobile graphics lineup – the AMD Radeon RX 6800S, Radeon RX 6700S and Radeon RX 6600S – optimized to bring power-efficient, high-performance gaming to incredibly thin-and-light laptops that are the fastest growing segment in the gaming laptop market.
For desktop PCs, AMD announced the AMD Radeon RX 6500 XT and Radeon RX 6400 graphics cards, designed to make incredible 1080p gaming experiences for popular AAA and esports titles accessible to more gamers.
All of the new AMD Radeon graphics solutions leverage the breakthrough AMD RDNA™ 2 gaming architecture and offer high-bandwidth, low-latency AMD Infinity Cache™ memory technology and high-speed GDDR6 memory. They also support Microsoft Windows 11 and Microsoft DirectX® 12 Ultimate, AMD FidelityFX™ Super Resolution (FSR) upscaling technology and other advanced features that provide visually stunning, high-refresh rate gaming experiences.
In addition, AMD introduced several new and enhanced AMD smart technologies, as well as the upcoming version of the AMD Software: Adrenalin Edition™ application. Expected to be available in Q1 2022, the software release will feature AMD Radeon Super Resolution (RSR), a new driver-based upscaling technology that unleashes increased levels of performance with high-quality visuals in thousands of games.
“More developers are taking advantage of new and exciting features to create incredible life-like visuals, requiring new levels of graphics horsepower,” said Scott Herkelman, senior vice president and general manager, Graphics Business Unit at AMD. “It’s our goal to ensure as many gamers as possible enjoy these games as developers intended. We’re excited to introduce a new arsenal of graphics products and technologies so anyone can enjoy today’s stunning games as they’re meant to be experienced, whether on the desktop or on the go.”
AMD Radeon RX 6500 XT and Radeon RX 6400 Graphics Cards
The AMD Radeon RX 6500 XT graphics card delivers up to 35 percent faster gaming performance on average in 1080p resolution with high settings compared to the competitive offering, while the AMD Radeon RX 6400 graphics card is designed to offer incredible 1080p gaming in OEM systems. Built using 6nm process technology for exceptional performance and power efficiency, the AMD Radeon RX 6500 XT and Radeon RX 6400 graphics cards bring incredible gameplay and advanced AMD Radeon features to legions of new and existing PC gamers.
AMD Radeon RX 6000M Series and Radeon RX 6000S Series Mobile Graphics
The new AMD Radeon mobile graphics lineup is designed for high-performance gaming on the go. At the top of the AMD Radeon RX 6000M Series product stack is the new AMD Radeon RX 6850M XT GPU, delivering epic 1440p gaming performance for next-gen premium laptops. The fastest AMD GPU for extreme gaming laptops, it offers 7 percent faster gaming performance on average than the previous top-of-the-line AMD Radeon RX 6800M mobile GPU.
AMD Radeon RX 6000S Series mobile graphics offer an ideal blend of performance and efficiency for slim form factors, enabling gaming laptop designs that can weigh less than 4.5 lbs. and can be up to 20 percent thinner than existing devices. The high-end AMD Radeon RX 6800S GPU at 100W is projected to offer the ultimate in thin-and-light 1080p gaming by delivering up to 100 FPS in select titles with max settings, and is projected to offer 10 percent higher performance on average across select titles at 1080p than the competition.
Key specifications of the AMD Radeon RX 6000M Series and Radeon RX 6000S Series mobile graphics can be found here.
AMD Software: Adrenalin Edition
AMD has continued to enhance its expansive software suite, offering features that enable responsive, low-latency gameplay and high-fidelity visuals. The next release, expected to be available in Q1 2022, includes AMD Radeon Super Resolution (RSR), a new driver-based spatial upscaling technology. Built on the same algorithm as AMD FidelityFX Super Resolution, RSR unleashes new levels of performance with near-native resolution gaming experiences in any game that runs in exclusive full screen mode on AMD RDNA-based and newer graphics.
Additional features of the forthcoming AMD Software release include updates to the AMD Link application[vii] (AMD Link 5.0), which allows users to play their PC games on a phone, tablet or a Windows PC from virtually anywhere. AMD Privacy View technology, powered by Eyeware, is a new feature expected to be available in 1H 2022 that uses Eyeware’s cutting-edge head- and eye-tracking technology to deliver increased levels of privacy. Learn more about the latest AMD Software: Adrenalin Edition release here.
AMD Advantage™ Framework and AMD Smart Technologies
AMD Advantage laptops are designed to deliver best-in-class gaming experiences, providing new levels of performance and responsiveness. They combine AMD Radeon RX 6000M Series or Radeon RX 6000S Series mobile graphics, AMD Software and AMD Ryzen™ 5000 Series or Ryzen 6000 Series mobile processors with exclusive AMD smart technologies and other advanced system design characteristics. AMD Advantage will continue to expand in 2022 with new AMD Ryzen processors and AMD Radeon graphics and more than 20 new laptop designs. In addition, several enhancements and additions to the AMD smart technologies portfolio are designed to boost performance and extend battery life on AMD Advantage laptops, including:
- AMD Smart Access Memory™ Technology (SAM) – Now supporting the new AMD Ryzen 6000 Series mobile processors featuring PCIe® 4.0, SAM technology offers an increase in gaming performance by providing AMD Ryzen processors with access to the entire high-speed GDDR6 graphics memory in the system.
- AMD SmartShift MAX Technology – Previously AMD SmartShift technology, the new and enhanced version is optimized for a broader range of games. By dynamically shifting laptop power between AMD Ryzen mobile processors and AMD Radeon graphics, SmartShift Max technology with an AMD Radeon RX 6850M XT GPU and an AMD Ryzen 6900H CPU offers a 2X uplift in gaming performance on average across select titles compared to a system with an AMD Radeon RX 6850M XT GPU and an AMD Ryzen 5900H CPU.
- AMD SmartShift Eco Technology – Expected to be available later this year, it is projected to offer up to 2X gaming time when on battery on a system with an AMD Radeon RX 6850M XT GPU and an AMD Ryzen 6900H Series CPU by automatically shifting from discrete Radeon graphics to Ryzen integrated graphics.
- AMD Smart Access Graphics Technology – Delivers 15 percent more gaming performance on average across select titles by allowing the AMD Radeon GPU to control the display directly vs. transferring information through the AMD Ryzen APU to the display.
The Alienware m17 R5, an AMD Advantage laptop powered by up to an AMD Ryzen 6980HX APU and up to an AMD Radeon RX 6850M XT GPU is expected to be available in Q2 2022. Other laptops with new AMD Radeon RX 6000M Series mobile graphics are expected to be available beginning in Q1 2022 from leading OEMs. Laptops with AMD Radeon RX 6000S Series mobile graphics are expected to be available beginning in Q1 2022, including the ROG Zephyrus G14, the first 14-inch AMD Advantage laptop powered by up to an AMD Ryzen 9 6900HS APU and up to an AMD Radeon RX 6800S GPU.
AMD Radeon RX 6500 XT graphics cards are expected to be available from AMD board partners including ASRock, ASUS, BIOSTAR, Gigabyte, MSI, PowerColor, SAPPHIRE, XFX and Yeston at global etailers/retailers beginning January 19, 2022. The graphics card has an SEP of $199 USD. It is also expected to be available in pre-built systems from OEMs and system integrators beginning in Q1 2022. Pre-built systems with AMD Radeon RX 6400 graphics card are expected to be available beginning in 1H 2022.