As the end-of-year shopping season continues, Shopee Malaysia has dug deep into its data to learn what its consumers are looking for and what motivates them to spend online.
Key findings include the following :
- This year, there are 13 times as many Functional Homemakers online as there were three years ago (Year-to-Date January to August 2022 vs same period 2019). Since 2019, searches for air fryers have increased 11 times, vacuum cleaners 8 times, and food processors 4 times.
- The top 5 online shopping personas as demonstrated keyword popularity on today are:
- Functional Homemakers (24%), who seek premium home appliances with a warranty and search for latest technology in smart home devices.
- Digital Replenishers (23%), who build an ecosystem of productive digital accessories with ipads, tablets, stylus, earphones and mobile cases.
- Impulse Indulgers (18%), who treat themselves by snacking on treats, or accessorising with jewellery, sunglasses and nail art.
- Gifting Butterflies (10%), who love surprising friends and families with gift sets, hampers, bouquets, chocolates and festive delights.
- Success Seekers (8%), preparing for ambitious goals, with motivational books, leather handbags, perfume, oxford shoes and cufflinks
- Other notable personas online include: Health Devotees, Nurturing Caretakers, Outdoor Enthusiasts and Green Shoppers.
- As of August 2022, there were 4 times as many outdoor enthusiasts purchasing camping cookware, tents, portable folding chairs, and sleeping bags online than there were in August 2021.
“The truth is, with so many brands and millions of sellers on Shopee, users can find everything they need, from daily essentials to premium luxury products. We strive to understand what products and information Malaysians are searching online in order to be able to better provide them with highly personalised and recommended Shopee Mall and Shopee Premium brands in their favourite categories as we believe informed Malaysians make better purchasing decisions,”
— Kenneth Soh, Head of Marketing Campaigns at Shopee Malaysia.
As they purchase on online marketplaces in search of exclusive offers, customer reviews, interesting content, influencer recommendations, and loyalty benefits catered to their particular interests, Malaysians are redefining what “information” means.
In the upcoming Shopee 10.10 Brands Festival campaign, Malaysian online shoppers can anticipate a variety of themed days with top Shopee Brand and Mall category deals, including from brands who have just joined Shopee Premium including Bang & Olufsen, BOSE, Dyson, Le Creuset, Mot Hennessy, and Osulloc.
Stay tuned to more insights from Shopee Malaysia as part of its “Winning Loyalty with E-commerce” insights will be revealed in the upcoming Shopee 10.10 Brands Festival.