Transferring your WhatsApp content from your iPhone to your new Samsung Galaxy device has gotten easier. WhatsApp has launched a feature that preserves the end-to-end encryption when you move your entire WhatsApp chat history, account information, voice notes, media, photos, settings and even your profile photo onto your new Samsung device. So your WhatsApp messages stays and belongs to you as you enjoy the advantages your Samsung smartphone brings.
To migrate your WhatsApp from iPhone to Samsung, simply follow these steps:
- Turn on your new Samsung Galaxy smartphone and connect by cable to your iPhone when prompted.
- Follow the Samsung Smart Switch experience.
- When prompted, scan the QR code displayed on the new device using the iPhone’s camera.
- Tap Start on your iPhone, and wait for the process to complete.
- Continue setting up your new Samsung.
- When you reach the home screen, open WhatsApp and log in using the same phone number used on your old device.
- Tap Import when prompted, and allow the process to complete.
- Finish activating your new device and you’ll see your chats waiting for you.
For now this feature will be available on most Samsung Galaxy devices, in the future more features will be included towards other Galaxy devices as well. This transfer method is compatible with most iPhone models.
Depending on the data need to transfer, it may take from 15 minutes up to 1.5 hours.
What do I need?
- Your new Android device must be factory new or reset to factory settings.
- Samsung SmartSwitch app version 18.104.22.168 or greater on your new device.
- WhatsApp Android Version 22.214.171.124 or greater on your new device.
- WhatsApp iOS version 126.96.36.199 or greater on your old device.
- USB-C to Lightning cable (or equivalent adapters).
- Use the same phone number on the new device as the old device.
For more info, please visit : https://faq.whatsapp.com/general/chats/how-to-migrate-your-whatsapp-data-from-iphone-to-a-samsung-phone/?lang=en